https://www.captureminnesota.com/

From the web site below:

A Goodbye Letter From Capture Minnesota published about 1 month ago

Dear Capture Minnesota Contributors,

It is with great sadness we must announce the closing of Capture Minnesota. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have enjoyed all of your photographs, thank you for sharing them with us and the Capture community.

Through February 17, 2019, the Capture Minnesota site will remain up and running. Please use this time to say your goodbyes to other users or download your photos. As of February 18, 2019, Capture Minnesota will no longer be active. At that time you will have the option of adding your email address to our notification list in the event we do another Capture Minnesota (or similar) project.

Again, we thank you for your support! It's been an enriching experience to witness the talented photographers of our area contribute to this project. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

-- Capture Minnesota Team

There have been some other state shutdowns I've heard. I think some have been because of low user turnout. Hopefully that won't happen here.

I think it would be good for us to start making connections with each other before Capture Wisconsin is no more. The community this site has built is one of the most valuable.

Noel.....

I posted this 3 months ago, and I hope it answers the question for now.......

ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION.... FROM THE CW ADMINISTRATOR...

Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We don'€™t have any plans at this time to close down Capture Wisconsin. The closure of the other sites was simply related to the resources required to keep them online compared to the amount of involvement the sites had. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Bryan Admin // Capture Wisconsin Staff

The answer from Bryan, the administrator, is a little unclear to me. The "resources required to keep them online compared to the amount of involvement the sites had". What does that mean?

Norma,

It means whatever you want it to mean to justify most anything. Which means we had better start making connections with each other that we want to preserve. The community I have come to enjoy and cherish can be cut off with the flick of a mouse button. There are options, like reforming together on venues like forming a Group on Flickr and cross post the pictures there. For example, most of my photographs are cross posted at the "Elsewhere" links in my Capture Wisconsin "bio". There are a number of Wisconsin focused groups on there already. Possibly form one unique to active and, possibly in the future, former Capture Wisconsin members.

I am not presently on Flickr but would consider signing up if this site goes down in the future. I really enjoy looking at everyone's shots of Wisconsin and gives me ideas on places to go around the state, some of which I have never heard of, particularly some small towns.

Today (2/17/2019) is Capture Minnesota's last day. Important to see the shock from its members and short notice of the shutdown (probably these comments will go away along with Capture Minnesota today): https://www.captureminnesota.com/forums/forums/general-discussion/topics/capture-minnesota-shutting-down?page=3

Imagine that Capture Wisconsin did the same thing and at the same fast speed. Even if we wanted to go to another venue (certainly NOT Privacy Destruction by Design places like Facebook that also really messes up photographs with excessive compression) we still would need to know how to contact the members on Capture Wisconsin about the new venue. So the time is now before Capture Wisconsin is no more to proactively planning on going to a new alternative home if this one is "wiped clean".

Capture Door County closes this week, but they provided a 2 month notice.

Bryan Corey Admin

Hey All,

I wanted to take a moment to respond directly here. We don't have any plans at this time to close Capture Wisconsin. Unfortunately though I'm not the one in charge of making those decisions, so I can't make any promises about the future or longevity of Capture Wisconsin. If in the future the decision is made to close the site there will be a 30-60 day period in which folks could continue to use the site before it closes.

But, as stated, there are no plans at this time to close Capture Wisconsin.

Unfortunately though we don't provide support via the forums, so if you'd like to get help or learn more please reach us directly via email by using the Contact Us page.